Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Baby Shower!!!

This past Saturday January 9th was a very special day for me.....my baby shower!!! My friend Kate was kind enough to put together the most amazing shower I have ever seen! She thought of every possible detail. The theme was "Nesting" so there were little birds and bird houses and bird eggs throughout her house. She also matched the decor to Austin's nursery colors...lite green, baby blue, white and chocolate brown. My mom was in charge of all of the food for the shower and it was very yummy. We had home made chicken salad, pasta salad, cheese ball and Peti Fours. In spite of the bad weather just about everyone showed up. I was literally "showered" with very generous gifts from everyone. I was never able to have a baby shower to welcome Andrew so this one was extra special to me. Now we are all set and patiently awaiting Austin to arrive so we can use all of the wonderful gifts we received at the shower! I am truly very blessed to have the most amazing friends and family!!!
Kate the hostess
My mom
Katy showed up early to help set everything up!
The "Candy Bar"...everyone got little goodie bags to fill with all of this yummy candy. The goodie bags were personalized with "Page's Baby Shower January 9th 2010" and all of the candy matched Austin's room decor also!
This was the little sign by the Candy Bar
The Peti Fours....also continuing with the "Nesting" theme.....they are little birds nests with little blue birds on them! Not only adorable but VERY yummy!!!
All of the food my mom worked so hard to prepare....everything was so delicious!
All of my gifts!!! Everyone was so incredibly generous!!!
Some of the guests
Some more of the guests
And more guests

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Page, what great pictures. I love the one of you and Debbie, you both look so happy. So glad you had such a wonderful shower and such fun. It really was beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Sarah said...

Page, what a lovely party for you and Austin. Your mom did an incredible job on the food. Looks delish, and the sweet petit fours are dear. I love the idea of a candy bar. Just may copy that idea for a bridal luncheon I'm giving in Feb.
So excited about Austin's birth. I hope you will post photos of the nursery. Love the color palette.
Hugs to you, mom-to-be!
Sarah

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Page! Wasn't it fun? Kate was so sweet to open her home for us! And it was sooo pretty! I have already found hits on my post of the shower from people googling ideas for baby showers! lol Now, all we need is little mister Austin and it will be complete!...hugs...Mom