Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Trip to Burt's Pumpkin Farm

We took a wonderful day trip to Dahlonega, GA to Burt's Pumpkin Farm this past Sunday. We go to Burt's every year to "kick off" the Fall season. This year Kevin's parents were in town so they were able to join us there for the first time! It is such a fun and festive place to go for a little Fall family day trip! They have every size, shape and color pumpkin you could ever imagine. The pumpkins range in price anywhere from 99cents to $100 or more. The pumpkin patch is actually on the Burt's family farm so you can take a hayride tour through their property and see where all the pumpkins are grown. They also have some of the most WONDERFUL pumpkin bread I have ever tasted! We get some every year! I am actually having it for breakfast right now! We also got some of their homemade Apple Butter...YUM. Andrew picked out 3 pumpkins total....2 orange and a white one. Each year he also chooses 2 baby pumpkins to decorate his room. The weather this past Sunday was perfect for Fall activities. It was a tad bit cool so it actually felt like Fall which was nice. On the way home we went to The Smith House to have lunch. It was all of our first times there so we didn't know what to expect. It is a cute little restaurant inside of a hotel that serves family style. They bring out EVERY Southern vegetable and meat you can think of in big serving bowls and you just pass it all around the table and eat till you almost "pop"...at least that is what I did :) It was very good comfort food and a nice ending to a fun day! Now we are officially ready for Halloween!!!
Quick picture before the pumpkin picking begins
The first pumpkin Andrew chose
The second pumpkin Andrew chose...it's white!
And last but not least the third pumpkin Andrew chose
Andrew with his Grampa and Mimi (Kevin's parents)
Every year since Andrew was about 4 years old we have been going to Burt's Farm and I have made him stand in this same place with the 2 baby pumpkins he has chosen. He posed this way on his own the first time we took this picture (when he was 4) so now I make him pose the same way every year. Maybe one day I will stop making him do this :)
Us with one of the Burt's Farm tractors
Andrew and his Mimi on the tractor
We stopped for a quick picture outside The Smith House
Mimi and Grampa at the Smith House
Andrew relaxing with Sophie after a busy day!

5 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Page, what a fun day and all of the pictures are so wonderful. Andrew has just the best smile ever. You found some great pumpkins and lunch sounds like it was wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, how much fun! I'm so glad you had pretty weather for your trip. The pictures ate wonderful...especailly the one of Andrew with his traditional two pumpkins! And I love it that you all three wore orange...three little pumpkins! Thanks for the pumpkin bread! TTYL...Mom

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

PS...Oh dear! It would help if I wore my glasses when commenting! Sorry about the typos! lol

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Page look at you guys all dressed in orange and I can now see your sweet little punkpim your growing also...How cool is that each year you take a photo in the same spot those are just going to be Priceless to him when he gorws up...Grat post girl...sorry it taken me so long to come by...Power company has not liked me much this week off and on for over 5 days...boy I wished they would put in under ground like the rest of the world and catch up here on this mountain top ha ha!! May you have a great weekend my sweet friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Sarah said...

Hi Page, this looks like such a fun day. Thank you for sharing it with us. Your sweet mom sent me over here for a visit, and I've signed on to follow the updates of your growing family. Your creative and thoughtful son, Andrew, made Super Molly Girl for my niece Molly. I hope you and Andrew will read about her on my blog. There are many wonderful comments that were left in praise of Andrew and his kindness. He should read them.

I enjoy corresponding with your mom. She has been such a help to me to get started with my own blog. It is always a treat to have an email from her.

Hope all is well with you and your little family. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Hugs ~ Sarah